Become a Reading Champion
You can become one of our reading champions, it’s easy!
Pick one (or many) of the options below and send us your post. We’ll share on our website, facebook page, twitter, youtube and Instagram. Our celebrity reading champions will also share your post on their network. We’re going to make a draw at the end of March 2018 and choose three of the best reading champion submissions to win one of three great prizes!
CODE’s Burt Award social media accounts:
Here’s how to promote the love of reading through your social media network.
- Tag us @CODEBurtAwards #ReadWithMe when posting to your personal Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- Become friends and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We will, in turn, follow you and re-post your messages and photos on our social media accounts.
- It is okay to post in any language, but if you include an English version then we can share around the world.
Level A – Take a photo holding a book and tag your post @CODEBurtAwards with #ReadWithMe. We’ll repost and share your content. Follow @CODEBurtAwards on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share our content. You can take individual photos or group photos.*
Level B – Do the same as Level A, AND write a few sentences explaining why you are a reader and why reading is important to you.
Level C - Create a short video (using a phone or a camera). You can use these questions to guide the content of your video – or make up your own questions.
- Why are you a reader?
- Why is reading important to you?
- What book do you want people to “Read with You”?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Why do you read for pleasure?
- Where do you find good books to read?
Level D – In-person events
Promote literacy and a love of reading by gathering together to share the reading experience.
- Set up a reading club and read the same book and then meet to discuss.
- Or read a book of your choice (each a different book) and meet to discuss which book you read, and why you liked it. Swap books.
- Set up a book fair.
- Organize an author visit.
- Invite a reading champion to your school or library and host a reading event.
- Work with one of our partner organizations to set up a reading tent, a book club, or public event.
- Post photos and messages about your event through your social media network
- Be sure to tell us about your activities, before, during and after, and we’ll repost and share your activities to inspire others.
- Tell us what you are planning and we can provide some fun things to help you including: books, bookmarks, book bags, t-shirts, wristbands, posters and a Read with Me sign that you can hold for profile photos.
- We’d be thrilled if you chose to be photographed with a Burt Award-winning title. We can provide a list of local Burt Award winners and supply you with a copy of the book of your choice.
For more information contact: Lynn O’Rourke LORourke@code.ngo or Claire Bolton Cbolton@code.ngo